Profore Lite is a multi-layer compression bandage system for the treatment of mixed venous and arterial leg ulcers. Profore Lite consists of a low-adherent wound contact layer, an absorbent wool padding layer, a light conformable crepe bandage and a flexible cohesion compression bandage.
Clinically Proven to Heal Ulcers
- A reduced compression multi-layer bandage system was shown to heal leg ulcers at a rate of 56% by 12 weeks and 75% by 24 weeks in patients with arterial disease.1
Effective for Patients with Diabetes
- Profore Lite has been shown to produce an overall healing rate of 67% in diabetic patients with leg ulceration and compromised arterial circulation (and/or ABPI < 0.8), and there was no acute progression of lower limb ischemia.2
Reduced Yet Effective, Graduated Sustained Compression
- Profore Lite does not have the light compression bandage (Profore #3) of the original Profore system, which reduces the overall sub-bandage pressure. The cohesive nature of the outer bandage maintains the security of the Profore Lite system in place for a full week without loss of compression.
Can be Left in Place for up to a Week
- The multi-layer bandage system has sufficient absorption capacity to manage exudate for up to a week without needing re-application, in most cases.
Reduces Nursing Time
- Weekly dressing changes greatly reduce the nursing time required for the treatment of venous leg ulcers.
- The Profore Lite system pack contains everything necessary for the application of safe and effective graduated compression therapy. Profore Lite reduces preparation time, simplifies the stock control and ensures that the correct components are always available.