383313 – 24G x 0.75 in. BD Saf-T-Intima™ IV catheter safety system (0.9 mm x 19 mm) made of BD Vialon™ biomaterial. Has wings, extension tubing and Y adapter. (25/sp, 200/ca)
BD Saf-T-Intima™ is:
- Covered – Following catheter insertion, the needle is withdrawn and automatically covered in a unique telescoping safety chamber.
- Closed – The multipurpose design features an integral extension set with a slide clamp and unique Y adapter that can give you the closed system you want in peripheral venous access (Y adapter available on select catalog #’s).
- Complete – Combines needlestick protection with a virtually bloodless start for unrivaled safety in IV therapy. The removable PRN lets you connect your choice of needleless injection devices or infusion lines to either the port or on the Y adapter (Y adapter available on select catalog #’s).
BD Vialon™, a unique proprietary biomaterial, has been proven to enhance clinical and economic outcomes.
- Increases the ease of penetration
- Reduces the risks of infiltration
- Exhibits greater kink resistance
- Reduces the risks of phlebitis up to 50%
- Reduces IV restarts due to reduced complications
- Increases indwelling time
- Reduces the total IV therapy costs to use due to longer indwelling times
Flexible, textured wings provide confident catheter control and a broad base for a secure, low-profile tapedown and optimal patient comfort.