ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive hydrocellular dressings have a unique trilaminate structure made up from a wound contact layer, a soft and highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer, and an outer film layer, which is both bacteriaproof and waterproof. ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive dressings employ all the proven benefits of moist wound healing, without any breakdown of the dressing caused by contact with exudates. The result is effective exudate management of these wounds, which have traditionally proved difficult to care for.
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Absorbs 65% more exudate than ALLEVYN Adhesive
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
- Convenient Adhesive Presentation
The wound contact layer of ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive is non-irritating.
In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows wound closure to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes, in turn allowing a cost-effective management of highly exuding wounds.
- Moist Wound Environment
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive creates and maintains a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, helping prevent eschar formation.
- Easy to Use
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive dressings absorb exudates and cellular debris, ensuring minimal mess at dressing changes. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the caregiver and less traumatic for the patient. The dressing can be cut to dress wounds in awkward places.
- Profiled Dressing Edges
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which helps ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by friction between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
- Waterproof/Aids in the Prevention of Bacterial Contamination
The outer polyurethane layer of ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive prevents strikethrough of excess exudates from the dressing, and minimizes the chances of cross-contamination and wound infection, therefore enhancing patient comfort. It also allows the amount of fluid in the dressing to be monitored, as progression of exudates can be seen through the pink top film.
- Cushioned Comfort
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection, contributing to a pressure reduction protocol.
- ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive is indicated for high to extra high levels of exudate absorption and the management of chronic, acute, full, or partial thickness, or shallow granulating, exuding wounds. Some typical wounds are ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic), pressure sores, donor sites, surgical incisions, surgical excisions and burns (1st and 2nd degree).
- Can be used in conjunction with INTRASITE Gel for necrotic or sloughy wounds.
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.