Superior absorption for wounds that are difficult to bandage
Biatain Soft-Hold is a soft and conformable polyurethane foam dressing with a gentle adherent layer covering less than 50% of the foam surface. This allows both hands to be free during dressing application and removal.
Biatain may be used throughout the wound healing process to provide exudate handling, padding and protection for a variety of wounds including:
Biatain Soft-Hold is a Biatain non-adhesive foam dressing with a soft, skin friendly adherent layer, which offers:
- Easy Application – third hand allowing two hands free for applying compression or a secondary dressing
- Easy removal
- Minimal pain and trauma at removal
- Minimal risk of maceration and leakage, due to its excellent absorption and retention capabilities
- Up to 7 days wear-time
- Exuding wounds, in conjunction with compression therapy or a secondary dressing
- Chronic leg ulcers, pressure ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Superficial burns, superficial partial thickness burns, donor sites, postoperative wounds and skin abrasions
The exudate management capabilities of Biatain Soft-Hold are the same as those of Biatain non-adhesive, as both foams are identical. An open pattern of loops are applied to the wound dressing surface, which allows exudate to drain through into the foam structure.