Moisture Retentive –
DuoDERM® Sacral Signal™ Dressing is a primary dressing for low-to-moderately exuding wounds.
It can also be used as a secondary dressing to secure an AQUACEL® or AQUACEL® Ag Dressing.
The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) and The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) guidelines recommend the usage of hydrocolloids for the management of pressure ulcers.
DuoDERM® Signal™ Dressing can be used to manage stage I and stage II pressure ulcers.
DuoDERM® Signal Sacral (CGF® -Controlled Gel Formulation) is an adhesive (hydrocolloid) wound contact dressing. The hydrocolloids are contained within the dressing mass. The adhesive layer contains polymers which enhance the dressing’s ability to contain wound exudate by forming a cohesive gel.
The self adhesive dressing absorbs wound fluid and provides a moist environment which supports the body’s healing process and aids in the removal of unnecessary material from the wound (autolytic debridement) without new tissue damage.
Optimized Dressing Use
- Dressings have a visual indicator which indicates when a dressing needs changing, reducing premature dressing changes.
- A thin, smooth, low-friction backing is designed to reduce shearing that can prematurely dislodge the dressing.
- A thin polyurethane film provides a bacterial and viral barrier when the dressing remains intact and without leakage.
- The film provides a waterproof barrier over the dressing.
- It is easy to apply and can be removed without damaging newly formed tissue.
- It helps to reduce bunching and the effect of shear through tapered edges and a smooth surface.
- It helps to prevent damage to the wound bed on removal through a unique gelling action, ensuring maximum comfort.
Ease of Application
- The translucent backing enhances dressing placement and initial monitoring of the wound
- The tapered edge contours to difficult areas
Areas subject to friction force, including the heels, buttocks, sacrum, elbows, and trochanters, are likely to develop wounds (or breakdown around wounds)3.
DuoDERM® Signal™ comes in various shapes designed to be placed in these difficult to dress areas.