Iodosorb* powder is a sterile formulation of acute cadexomer iodine. When applied to the wound, it cleans it by absorbing fluids, removing pus and debris and forming a moist gel over the wound surface. As Iodosorb swells in situ the active iodine is released, killing resident micro-organisms in the wound site and changing colour.
Iodosorb powder contains 100% cadexomer iodine powder.
Helps Promote Wound Healing
- Pus and debris are removed effectively
- Iodosorb helps to promote a clean wound healing environment
- A change in colour indicates when Iodosorb should be changed
- Gel formed over the wound can help to facilitate moist healing
Fewer Dressing Changes
- Cadexomer iodine powder can absorb up to 6 times its weight in fluid to ensure effective presentation of the active iodine to the wound environment
- Iodosorb powder assists the healing and treatment of chronic ulcers by reducing micro-biological load and maintaining a moist environment
- Iodosorb is non-adhesive which can reduce trauma when the product is removed and encourage patient compliance