Self-adherent soft silicone dressing for scar care
Mepiform is designed for the management of hypertrophic and keloid scars.
Topical silicone has empirically been shown to have positive impact on hypertrophic and keloid scars. It may take from 3 months up to a year or more to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. Mepiform shall optimally be worn 24 hours a day. It is recommended that Mepiform is removed once a day, such as when showering or bathing, for inspection and washing of the skin. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform shall be used for 2-6 months depending on the condition of the scar.
Benefits of Mepiform
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- no extra fixation is needed
- thin, flexible and discreet
- may be worn in daily activities
- may be cut to size and reapplied
- one Mepiform sheet may be used for several days
Areas of use
Mepiform is designed for the management of:
- old and new hypertrophic and keloid scars and
- closed wounds that may prevent the formation of hypertrophic and keloids scars.